Texas Fishing Forum

Sabine lake/ sea rim.

Posted By: TroyKing

Sabine lake/ sea rim. - 07/14/18 03:24 AM

Need some help...Im a fresh water (crappie) guy....but I make a trip a year to the coast with my sons ( ages 12 & 15)..next weekend (20th- 23rd we are going to be in Sabine pass for 4 days... we'll have a guide trip for one day, then be hoofing it around bank fishing the rest of the time....would someone point us in the right direction on whats happing in the area?...we do want to spend some time fishing the beach around sea rim and would like to catch somthing besides hard heads...we have pretty good gear ... however im not into the long line stuff yet, but i do have one rig that can get out pretty good ( Shimano bait runner 6500).. both boys want to catch a flounder, trout, and redfish ...and do some crabbing...we can be very mobil and flexible...if need be...thanks a lot. ..feel free to PM me...
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Sabine lake/ sea rim. - 07/15/18 12:05 PM

Buy some blue crab and use cracked crab for bait. The hardheads will leave it alone, but the red and black drum will destroy it. Make sure you rod is secured well if you set it down.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Sabine lake/ sea rim. - 07/15/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Buy some blue crab and use cracked crab for bait. The hardheads will leave it alone, but the red and black drum will destroy it. Make sure you rod is secured well if you set it down.
thanks! Man.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum