Texas Fishing Forum

O'cconner

Posted By: captaincam3

O'cconner - 02/22/18 03:19 AM

Headed to Occonner this weekend and I was curious if the regulars think the weather will effect the bite down there this weekend?
Posted By: TXMako2201

Re: O'cconner - 02/23/18 02:51 AM

Bay has been slow for me for the last couple weeks but if all else fails there's plenty sheepies at the big jetties
Posted By: hardheadking

Re: O'cconner - 02/23/18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TXMako2201
Bay has been slow for me for the last couple weeks but if all else fails there's plenty sheepies at the big jetties

I'll second that. There was a large fishkill of specs that got trapped in the back lakes like Pringle. I was there a few weeks ago, no shrimp. There were no fish in the Army Hole. However, if you are up for it the guys that went out into and out of the jetty did pretty good. I have a difficult time getting excited about going all the way down there to catch sheeps.
Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Re: O'cconner - 02/24/18 02:46 AM

the weather looks like it will hold on for the most part, I will be on the water all weekend through tuesday. If you would like give me a shout and maybe i could give you a few pointers. Yes, unfortunately the back lakes haven't been producing like they should, but there are so many other places to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum