Texas Fishing Forum

Charger question

Posted By: ring fry

Charger question - 11/27/22 11:10 PM

I have a Cabela's three bank charger that has worked with no issues for 6 or 7 years. Bought it from someone on here. Charger Guy or something like that. I plugged it in this afternoon after fishing and the lights started randomly flashing. Very quick, not like a normal blinking. I unplugged it as I don't want to screw anything up. Any thoughts?

Retired grass grower
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Charger question - 11/28/22 03:51 AM

Not sure but if worse comes to worse I’ll sell you a Dual Pro 3 bank for a c note. Damn good one
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Charger question - 11/28/22 05:56 PM

do you have owners' manual? It may be a feature on the charger that indicates dead cell or bad battery. Is it a new battery?
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Charger question - 12/01/22 04:34 AM

Figured it out. It was what 90 percent of electronic issues are. Bad electrical connection. There was a small amount of corrosion on one of the three prongs of the 120v plug. Replaced it and all is well.

Retired grass grower
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Charger question - 12/06/22 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ring fry
Figured it out. It was what 90 percent of electronic issues are. Bad electrical connection. There was a small amount of corrosion on one of the three prongs of the 120v plug. Replaced it and all is well.

Retired grass grower

auto parts, dielectric grease, very light coat on the prongs and battery connections.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum