Texas Fishing Forum

Dual console units

Posted By: savntay

Dual console units - 11/14/22 04:50 PM

I have a question about dual monitors at the console. I would like to add another one to the console, would I have to add another transducer to the rear? if so, what is the best setup for the additional transducer? Are there any video on this method?

Thanks
Posted By: Bahala

Re: Dual console units - 11/14/22 05:19 PM

What unit are you currently running at the console?

Re: Dual console units - 11/14/22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bahala
What unit are you currently running at the console?

Currently I'm running Lowrance units, Ti2
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Dual console units - 11/14/22 05:45 PM

TI2 units have one sonar channel and can only share with another TI2. You can wifi share another TI2 for mapping and get the sonar data from the other TI2. You don't have the best unit for what you want to do. Might be a good Idea to go to the HDS Lives then expand from there. My question what is your intent to add another unit for? and what do you have on the bow?

Re: Dual console units - 11/14/22 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S
TI2 units have one sonar channel and can only share with another TI2. You can wifi share another TI2 for mapping and get the sonar data from the other TI2. You don't have the best unit for what you want to do. Might be a good Idea to go to the HDS Lives then expand from there. My question what is your intent to add another unit for? and what do you have on the bow?

My main intent was to used them for side scanning and for mapping.

Thanks for the input. I more then glad I asked the question before going down this rabbit hole. It sound like the Ti2's wouldn't be the best units for this application.
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Dual console units - 11/15/22 12:31 AM

There is going to be some great Deals on Lowrance in BP and Cabelas starting monday before Black Friday. if you have questions feel free to PM me anytime.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum