Texas Fishing Forum

Ionic Litium battery

Posted By: OnePecan

Ionic Litium battery - 10/14/22 01:36 AM

I ordered a new 12v ionic lithium battery to run my LVS34 and head unit. Battery arrived today and it is showing 10% battery life. Does not even register on a volt meter. Does anybody know if they are shipped that way or is there something wrong with the battery?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/14/22 02:06 AM

Might be in sleep mode, contact who you brought it from and get the procedure to get it out. Typically, you can just hit it to another 12v, like you were going to jump it. But, I’d ask them.

I guess I didn’t answer properly though. They aren’t shipped with a full charge, but I don’t think they’d send one out that low either. Have you tried to charge it yet? If not, charge it with a proper charger and if it doesn’t respond, then do the wake up procedure.

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/14/22 02:46 AM

Thanks grout-scout I will try that. I'm new to the LVS34 ordered it with 93sv and ordered battery so far only battery has arrived & LOL it's showing dead. MY LUCK!!!
Good luck Fishing >{{{{{*>
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/14/22 09:29 AM

just put it on a charger that will do lithium, agm setting on most will do it.
Posted By: Fish Tackle & Marine

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/15/22 06:05 AM

The battery is in sleep mode. You will need to wake it up by touching the post to another 12v battery for about 3-4 sec. Yes the charger will wake it up but more than likely it will shut down the bms once the charger is removed. What type of charger are you using and what size ah is the battery? We are a dealer here in the San Antonio area feel free to reach out if ya have any other questions. 210-595-0073 call or text

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/17/22 02:15 AM

Talked with Ionic this pass Friday guy told me putting it on charge should do the trick. I'm using a Noco genpro 10amp set on Lithium after 6 hours battery is still dead don't show anything with volt meter. Using there app to show battery cells 1,2 & 4 taking a charge cell 3 is in red says battery less than 10% charged. Bummer brand new battery going back. You would think they would have tried it before shipping it to me.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/17/22 03:00 AM

Hate to hear that, but yes, you’d think they were tested before being shipped.
Posted By: RPD

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/17/22 05:07 AM

32AH LITHIUM BATTERY (14.8V NMC) WITH CHARGER, this is the one I bought from amp outdoors, it was suggested to me and it only runs my LVS34, cost $259

Re: Ionic Litium battery - 10/18/22 01:08 AM

Yes RPD wish I would of went with amp outdoor. I'll give them one more chance & that's it.
Talked with Ionic rep again today. Said they will send me another battery & yes they want this battery back I told the guy if I could throw it back to SC he would receive it any second now LOL. Let y'all know how new one checks out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum