Texas Fishing Forum

lowrance gen 2 touch issues

Posted By: Wrangler1

lowrance gen 2 touch issues - 06/30/22 04:14 PM

I have 3 gen 2 touch 12s ethernet connected. Everything worked fine, then one trip I put the 2 console units on standby and when I went to move to the next spot, the unit I have down/side imaging on started to delay as well as the other unit that is mapping/2D sonar and on this unit, it would pause up to about 5 seconds then display a white line vertically down the screen, read a few seconds and repeat. It also quit reading depth on the unit. This happens on the front unit as well that has the same display-mapping/2D on it. I changed out the battery and ordered a new transducer, did the same thing. Connected the old transducer back up and everything worked for the next trip but then started doing it again. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: lowrance gen 2 touch issues - 06/30/22 05:40 PM

Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff member should be able to offer some advice. He's on this site frequently.
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: lowrance gen 2 touch issues - 06/30/22 06:49 PM

I would disconnect all ethernet cables from all 3 units and determine if its till doing the lagging. If it is still doing it then take that unit and do some Maintenace on it. Back up your Waypoint routes and Trails Do a do a factory reset and check the boxes for everything test if its works then import your data back in. This is actually something you should do with all your units if never been done. Also if you do a lot of installing and deleting waypoints then make sure you purge everytime. Not doing this will slow down the processor especially on the older units. This may be just a start to tracking everything down that is going on. Let us know as you move through this.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: lowrance gen 2 touch issues - 07/01/22 03:26 PM

Thanks T-Bird. Been a few days since I checked. I like Larry's advice - solid. Have a great 4th of July weekend guys.
Posted By: Wrangler1

Re: lowrance gen 2 touch issues - 07/21/22 03:48 PM

Thanks for the advice, I was finally able to get back on the water and unhooked the ethernet cables, still did the same thing. I did the hard reset on the unit that I have hooked up to the down/side imaging transducer and still the same. Any other options would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: lowrance gen 2 touch issues - 07/24/22 06:45 AM

put overlays on all 3 units for voltage and what does it read when its acting up/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum