Texas Fishing Forum

which do you prefer?

Posted By: Just James

which do you prefer? - 04/13/22 01:11 PM

I need to make up my mind, do I buy a Lowrance Ghost or a Garmin Force ? I am 74 with a right side prosthetic leg, Ultrex is cheaper but out of running, its just as heave as my Fortrex to deploy and pull up.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: which do you prefer? - 04/13/22 01:25 PM

I have the force, it’s the easiest stow and deploy I’ve ever had by far but it has dual pistons. They both have the automatic positioning, when you pull the rope to stow they immediately turn to the correct stow position. That’s about the best feature ever, don’t have to worry about the live transducer or having it turned the right way.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: which do you prefer? - 04/13/22 02:31 PM

I am late 60s and got the force, easier to stow than my fortrex was and works as promised.

you can set up the force to be controlled from the graph it mates to or just the remote if you don't have a garmin graph.

pedal is super easy to use and wireless (2 small wires for 12v instead of just battery if you want).

if you can find someone with ea. installed and try the lift that might help.
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: which do you prefer? - 04/13/22 05:13 PM

The Ghost is a very easy to deploy and retract. To deploy you can lift it a few inchs then let go and it will lay down nice and easy and also setting the Prop in or Out it always lines up for bringing it back in. There is also a remote for controling your ghost along with at the HDS Units at any location in the boat. I see you are close I fish Bob Sandlin a lot and if you want to meet me at the ramp sometime you can give it a try. PM me your phone # and I can let you know next time going out after this crazy wind. Hopefully this coming weekend. I can walk you through all the functions and ease of using.

Larry
Posted By: cr2018

Re: which do you prefer? - 04/14/22 06:35 PM

The Ghost and Force are both very easy to deploy because they have gas assist cylinders, we have them both in stock here at Jones Trolling Motor and Electronics if you are interested. Give me a call at 936-327-0524.
Posted By: MikeW07

Re: which do you prefer? - 04/22/22 12:21 PM

I am in a similar position - can't use right foot at all and not much on left - never have been able to use a foot control TM but got at Force and works great - easy to stow and deploy but the biggest advantage is the foot pedal is wireless and a lower profile which lets you move it anywhere on the front deck at any angle to make it easier to use.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum