Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin or Hummingbird

Posted By: rkeithm

Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/06/22 05:06 AM

Looking for new electronics for my boat. I'm debating between the Hummingbird Helix 7 MSI GPS G3N and the Garmin Echomap UHD 73SV. I'm looking for opinions. My fishing is primarily for catfish and whitebass.
Thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/06/22 09:27 AM

garmin

I ran nothing but birds for well over 30 yr. and did the switch to upgrade for livescope and the force tm. could not be happier.

get the touchscreen, very easy to use.

as for picture quality, all 3 major brands have great screen quality now, it's what you see that matters and the garmin units seem to have less clutter and bs on screen than the birds had.
Posted By: AggieDave

Re: Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/09/22 04:47 PM

Screen resolution seems to differ pretty significantly not only between brands, but also between various models within each brand. For the same money, should one buy a smaller screen, higher end unit with better resolution? Or, should one buy a larger screen on a lower end unit with less resolution?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/09/22 06:03 PM

aggie, my 9" work just fine even with my old eyeballs. garmins are easy to see in sunlight too.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/10/22 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
aggie, my 9" work just fine even with my old eyeballs. garmins are easy to see in sunlight too.

X2, same-same !!

Re: Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/10/22 10:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. Today I went with the Garmin 7.

Re: Garmin or Hummingbird - 03/10/22 10:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. Today I went with the Garmin 7.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum