Texas Fishing Forum

After thinking it over….

Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

After thinking it over…. - 12/16/21 12:23 AM

…. I have decided to not add the Humminbird Live to my repertoire of gadgets to my arsenal.
I have DI, SI, 360 , 2d sonar and mapping up front. I find myself looking too much at all that now than really zeroing in on just fishing.
Plus, I’m not all that sold on this really helping me finding fish. If I fished up north in clear deep water and fish for smallmouths maybe it would help. Here I fish mainly in 10’ or less and moving along the banks and points. My 360 picks up everything I need as far as structure and other objects that fish like to hang out. My DI and SI gives me where those fish are.
I kind of feel it’s a little overkill adding Live.
Just my thoughts and reasons to bypass Mega Live.
Posted By: ramcr913

Re: After thinking it over…. - 12/16/21 02:16 PM

"...My 360 picks up everything I need as far as structure and other objects that fish like to hang out. My DI and SI gives me where those fish are..."

That says it all.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: After thinking it over…. - 12/16/21 02:21 PM

My MEGA 360 shows "stuff" and fish regardless of the water color.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: After thinking it over…. - 12/16/21 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne P.
My MEGA 360 shows "stuff" and fish regardless of the water color.

My 360 does that for me also, I have found that using them both in unison can be a big benefit in finding those fish. I still use my 2D sonar a lot also.
I think there is a place for Mega Live, but I feel it will not benefit me from what I already have. PLUS.. it saves me a couple thousand to boot! That means I can buy a lot more lures I'll never use....lol
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: After thinking it over…. - 12/25/21 12:31 AM

Looking at getting the mega 360 for my center console boat. Do any of y’all have CC’s that it was installed on?
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum