Texas Fishing Forum

Need some Garmin Gurus to Opine.

Posted By: Tiltman

Need some Garmin Gurus to Opine. - 11/28/21 11:04 PM

122SV w livescope , only used for livescope.

This started on a day where a north wind was blowing, I was on a north bank behind a point so no cresting rollers just the stead up and down or the waves coming around the point.

To the issue. Imagine the screen displaying the bottom as a level surface say in 20 feet of water set on 30 so a fairly flat line for bottom. Then make believe the bottom is the horizon and you are in an airplane and you take the yoke and rock back and forth side to side. This is what my livescope displays unless you turn off AHRS and set the pitch manually , turn AHRS back on and you are back in the airplane washing side to side. Anyone experiencing or have experienced this ?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Need some Garmin Gurus to Opine. - 11/28/21 11:27 PM

Yeah I had mine do it the other day, I turned it off and back on, worked fine then. I read something about calibration and it shouldn’t do that, never had to calibrate mine though. You have this happen everytime or just once?

Re: Need some Garmin Gurus to Opine. - 11/28/21 11:44 PM

Powered off and on, did a reset, that’s when turned off AHRS and set the angle manual

Went out today, thought I would turn AHRS on and immediately started wash tub back and forth
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Need some Garmin Gurus to Opine. - 11/29/21 01:20 AM

There was a thread on BBC about this and it had the solution in it, of course I can’t find it now. bang

Re: Need some Garmin Gurus to Opine. - 11/29/21 02:11 AM

My luck …….I can call garmin tech support
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum