Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Ethernet box - no power

Posted By: Mudman63

Humminbird Ethernet box - no power - 10/24/21 06:28 PM

I have two Humminbird Helix 12 units connected to an Ethernet box, and noticed neither is sharing WP’s. There was no obvious fix in the network tabs on the Helix units, so I reset defaults and now the network tabs are missing on the control heads. Which, to me, mean the birds do not recognize the Ethernet box. So I checked the power cable at the Ethernet box and my voltmeter reads zero at the power cable connector. The power cable disappears into the console and I cannot discern where it connects at the battery or elsewhere.

Any thoughts on where this power cable may connect? I’m lost at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Humminbird Ethernet box - no power - 10/25/21 06:10 PM

After I got over my initial frustration and had a good nights rest, I took apart the console and found a fuse on the Ethernet power cable…problem solved.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Humminbird Ethernet box - no power - 10/25/21 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mudman63
After I got over my initial frustration and had a good nights rest, I took apart the console and found a fuse on the Ethernet power cable…problem solved.

I ended up putting a fuse block in my old boat, ran everything off of it, that way I did not have fuses buried in odd places!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum