Texas Fishing Forum

Lithium Battery question

Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Lithium Battery question - 09/24/21 08:26 PM

I have the 24v Ultrexx. Do I replace the leaded batteries with two 12v lithium or one 24v? I'm guessing two for longer running time, but wanted a poll before I pull the rigger. TIA.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/24/21 08:38 PM

Purchased 2 x 12v 100AH lithium's for my 80# Ultrex from Shut-Up & Fish -- they work great, run all day with no problems and light weight. thumb
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/24/21 09:34 PM

go with 2 12v.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/24/21 10:55 PM

Both would work as well as the other if they have equivalent AH ratings.

HOWEVER … You will need a dedicated 24 volt battery charger for the 24 volt battery. And then a different 12 volt charger for your starter and electronics battery(s).

I agree. 2x12 volt is the way to go.

You will need to check to see if your current charger has a Lithium setting on it. Some do. Some can be “re-profiled” to charge Lithium, I think Dual Pro does that. NOCO is a brand of charger that has settings for lead-acid, AGM, and Lithium to allow a multi-bank charger to set any one bank to charge any of these types.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/27/21 12:36 PM

Two it is. I know the current two bank charger will have to be replaced. I see ads all the time. Are they all the same or is one brand preferable over the other? Dakota seems to be the most popular.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/29/21 03:39 PM

Never understood why someone woudl want to go with a 24V or 36V battery. I would much rather run individual batteries, cause if one goes down, you can just change it out. If you loose a cell on the big ones, then you have to change the whole thing.
Posted By: Bahala

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/29/21 08:53 PM

I prefer Ionics. I sent you a PM.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Lithium Battery question - 09/30/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
Two it is. I know the current two bank charger will have to be replaced. I see ads all the time. Are they all the same or is one brand preferable over the other? Dakota seems to be the most popular.

The Dakota lithiums include a charger...I have two Dakotas for my 24v Ultrex.
Posted By: Bweidler

Re: Lithium Battery question - 10/16/21 05:55 PM

Check out Impulse Lithium. I run trolling and cranking set up. Solid with no problems
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lithium Battery question - 10/17/21 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jimfishes
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut

The Dakota lithiums include a charger...I have two Dakotas for my 24v Ultrex.

have been checking into dakota, seems to be a good product. use one of their chargers for our sherp.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum