Texas Fishing Forum

Remove epoxied transducer from hull

Posted By: ~Moose~

Remove epoxied transducer from hull - 08/16/21 10:07 PM

Any ideas how to remove this old epoxied transducer before I start a serious dismantle of my boat? Pictures don’t do justice for how deep this thing is buried in there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Remove epoxied transducer from hull - 08/16/21 10:08 PM

why remove it? Just abandon it.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Remove epoxied transducer from hull - 08/16/21 10:22 PM

Expoxy is very strong in some ways but weak in others. If you can get a piece of wood on it and can get a blow with a hammer in a side way manner it may just pop loose. I have taken several out by striking the xducer as though you were going to slide it to one side by using a piece of wood and a hammer.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Remove epoxied transducer from hull - 08/16/21 10:22 PM

Expoxy is very strong in some ways but weak in others. If you can get a piece of wood on it and can get a blow with a hammer in a side way manner it may just pop loose. I have taken several out by striking the xducer as though you were going to slide it to one side by using a piece of wood and a hammer.

Re: Remove epoxied transducer from hull - 08/17/21 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry
why remove it? Just abandon it.

No idea why this didnt cross my mind..... thumb

Re: Remove epoxied transducer from hull - 08/17/21 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by DLALLDER

I sort of tried this for a while. I cant get a good enough angle on it the way it is buried down in there without removing a ton of wiring, batteries, charger and maybe even power-pole pumps. I think I am going with the abandon it approach. Thanks for the input though!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum