Texas Fishing Forum

Point One Losing Signal on Plane

Posted By: Seabass1

Point One Losing Signal on Plane - 07/04/21 07:57 PM

Just installed a point one which is hooked to my Lowrance gen 2 and loses signal once I get up on plane. I borrowed a working point one and had the same results. It works fine while just sitting there or at low speeds. Anyone seen this before? Thanks
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Point One Losing Signal on Plane - 07/05/21 02:11 AM

Did you calibrate your Point 1? If so then its loosing signal because of Magnetic interference. Look at the warnings for mounting in the install manual and also check the data source where the GPS is coming from. Go to network and look at device list if the point 1 is listed its got power if it is not listed something is wrong with your Nema Backbone usually no power to the backbone. I have never heard of the symptoms you describe it either works or not. generally.

Re: Point One Losing Signal on Plane - 07/05/21 03:39 PM

Yes Sir I have calibrated and there is power to the backbone. I have traced everything several times and can’t find an issue. I have the point 1 mounted on the side of my console and have never seen an issue there before. It is definitely weird!! Thank you..
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Point One Losing Signal on Plane - 07/05/21 07:36 PM

Does it show up on your device list??? and is it connected between 2 different units?

Re: Point One Losing Signal on Plane - 07/05/21 08:16 PM

Yes
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum