Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Hook2 12 worth it?

Posted By: serg1001

Lowrance Hook2 12 worth it? - 06/21/21 06:16 PM

Hello everyone,

I am an old member from here but have been MIA for a while. I've got some time right now and am trying to get back into fishing. I fish Falcon as that is my home lake. It's been years since I've been out on the water trying to figure the fish out and find a pattern. These last few days I was out there, I felt a bit lost with having so much water to fish and not knowing where to start.

Anyhow, there seems to be a decent deal going around with the mentioned unit. The main reasons why I like it are because it has structure scan (side scan) and maps. My boat is only equipped with down scan imaging at the moment and finding structure or mapping the bottom is extremely time consuming being that I have to literally drive over everything I want to see. The other attractive option I see with the unit in question is the display size. I don't think I need a 12 inch unit, I could go with the 9, but I'm sure having more pixels will help out a lot.

Can anyone comment if this unit is worth it at $799, it includes the transducer as well.

Oh and one last thing, I'm not even sure the falcon lake map is one of the preloaded maps the unit comes with. I am about to do some research to look into it.

Thanks,

Serg
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Lowrance Hook2 12 worth it? - 06/21/21 07:54 PM

Hey Serg!

No, out of the 3500? Preloaded maps, Falcon isn’t one of them. I went through that too. I ended up getting a Navionics card.

I have the 7TS and the 9SS on my boat. Decent units but I haven’t gotten mine dialed in yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum