Texas Fishing Forum

WAYPOINTS ON LOWRANCE UNITS

Posted By: DLALLDER

WAYPOINTS ON LOWRANCE UNITS - 06/08/21 12:22 AM

I have 2 older Lowrance HDS units, a Gen 1 and a Gen 2. I know that the WP's will not transfer to new HOOK models. My question is will my WP's transfer to a newer HDS unit? If not Is there any way to get the WP's (900+) transferred to a new Lowrance unit of any model? I sure hate to lose all my Wp's. Thanks

Re: WAYPOINTS ON LOWRANCE UNITS - 06/09/21 11:30 PM

Man! I thought someone on the TFF would be able to help with the information I am looking for. Daniel
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: WAYPOINTS ON LOWRANCE UNITS - 06/10/21 12:04 AM

They will transfer to any Lowrance that has an Ethernet port. Other than that, you’d have to export them onto a SD card and import them onto the new graph. I have no clue what the Hook model’s capabilities are.

Re: WAYPOINTS ON LOWRANCE UNITS - 06/10/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
They will transfer to any Lowrance that has an Ethernet port. Other than that, you’d have to import them onto a SD card and import them onto the new graph. I have no clue what the Hook model’s capabilities are.

I do know they will not transfer with SD cards to the Hook.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: WAYPOINTS ON LOWRANCE UNITS - 06/10/21 10:48 AM

Get you a 8GB SD card or smaller, save your waypoints to version-2. If your HOOK has an SD slot, they should transfer. Just make sure you export your waypoints on version 2 or 3 at highest.
Send me a private message with your phone number if you want to talk. I am tied up at the Classic the next 5-days and stop by the Lowrance booth if you are over in Ft Worth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum