Texas Fishing Forum

electronics and battery question ?

Posted By: Mo

electronics and battery question ? - 04/26/21 01:37 PM

I am running livescope , 12 in garmin unit , hds gen 3 9 and 12 on a dedicated deep cycle battery. The voltage on my garmin said
9 volts at 1:30 yesterday,( started fishing at 8:30 ) and units started shutting down.

This has to be a weak battery , ? How long should a good battery run these 3 units ?

thanks
MO
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: electronics and battery question ? - 04/26/21 03:03 PM

Add up the total amp usage per devise==3 displays plus the Livescope and divide that into the battery amp hour rating.
Posted By: Mo

Re: electronics and battery question ? - 04/26/21 05:06 PM

Thanks ,

Looks like a trip to the battery store is next. I guess it would be a good idea to put the HDS on the console to sleep whilte
fishing,
MO
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: electronics and battery question ? - 04/26/21 07:12 PM

Should last a lot longer.

I have two Carbons, Active Target, Sonic Hub (radio), two fill pumps, two recirculating pumps, morning nav lights, dual power poles. I can run it ALL all day, from 6-3pm and never have the voltage get low enough to shut off a graph.

I am using an Optima Group 31 BlueTop, dedicated to everything BUT the engine and trolling. I have an Optima Group 31 DM (the starting dual mount smaller battery) for the Yamaha. I have two OReillys Group 31s for the Ultrex. The Yamaha has dual, isolated charging circuits for the engine and house batteries. So that helps a little I guess.

Clean the connections, make sure the wire is adequate size for the current draw, and make sure the battery is big enough. It takes all three of these to fish an all day event.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum