Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin 122sv

Posted By: Redwatermelon

Garmin 122sv - 04/21/21 03:48 AM

Wanting to get some reviews on the Garmin 122sv touchscreen.
Using it for livescope. Pros and cons??
I bought a livescope, trying to figure out which Garmin to buy.
Thanks for any information!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Garmin 122sv - 04/21/21 11:20 AM

After the newest update, I don’t have any complaints with mine, other than it seems to pull more amps than it’s supposed too. Trying to figure it out though. The + & - buttons are pretty close to the menu bar and you have to have a very precise touch on them, or else you’ll pull the menu bar up accidentally. Nice graphs, I thought about changing all my graphs to Garmin, but don’t want to spend the money and time running the ducers & re-installing.

Even with my iPhone, I tend to miss buttons that I’m trying to touch, so could be my finger touch is off.
Posted By: Redwatermelon

Re: Garmin 122sv - 04/24/21 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
After the newest update, I don’t have any complaints with mine, other than it seems to pull more amps than it’s supposed too. Trying to figure it out though. The + & - buttons are pretty close to the menu bar and you have to have a very precise touch on them, or else you’ll pull the menu bar up accidentally. Nice graphs, I thought about changing all my graphs to Garmin, but don’t want to spend the money and time running the ducers & re-installing.

Even with my iPhone, I tend to miss buttons that I’m trying to touch, so could be my finger touch is off.

Thanks for the info! I ended up getting a 126sv with the GT54 transducer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum