Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope questions

Posted By: Rev Ron

Livescope questions - 03/02/21 12:48 PM

I have a new Livescope and Garmin 106 Fishfinder. I want to put the Livescope on a separate pole from my trolling motor. How far away from trolling motor should I locate the Livescope/pole so the prop on the trolling motor causes no issues? From what I see, the prop should be higher in the water than the Livescope, so I may not have a problem. I am told that the prop does not cause a lot of cavitation, so once again, I may not have a problem. I just want to hear from anyone who has done the same. Thank from South Carolina!
Posted By: Rev Ron

Re: Livescope questions - 03/02/21 07:36 PM

45 views, no input?
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Livescope questions - 03/03/21 02:05 AM

If it is mounted on the trolling motor, like hundreds are (including mine) the prop cannot be higher than the transducer so that thought is incorrect. I wouldn't put the transducer directly behind the prop but as long as the trolling motor doesn't hit the transducer you shouldn't have any problem.

Retired grass grower
Posted By: cr2018

Re: Livescope questions - 03/12/21 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by ring fry
If it is mounted on the trolling motor, like hundreds are (including mine) the prop cannot be higher than the transducer so that thought is incorrect. I wouldn't put the transducer directly behind the prop but as long as the trolling motor doesn't hit the transducer you shouldn't have any problem.

Retired grass grower

I believe what he is saying, if it is mounted stand alone and the prop is below the scope ducer then the scope beams will be bouncing off the foot of the trolling motor/prop. Therefore it would create a dead zone when facing the trolling motor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum