Texas Fishing Forum

Motorquide Xi5 mounting

Posted By: Stump jumper

Motorquide Xi5 mounting - 02/13/21 03:10 AM

I am replacing a Great White with a Xi5. Motorquide recommends mounting with a 4" offset. The Great White is not offset and I have no problem launching even steep ramps. It does overhang the bow. Should I be worried about offsetting.

Re: Motorquide Xi5 mounting - 02/13/21 03:54 PM

Pic of current TM mounting. I think I am OK. Maybe even get lucky on a couple of holes. I forgot something. [Linked Image]
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Motorquide Xi5 mounting - 02/13/21 04:14 PM

Liftsaver mount

Re: Motorquide Xi5 mounting - 02/14/21 02:55 AM

The XI5 have a short black wire and small (4 or 5 pin) connector on the base. I don't see it mentioned in owners manual. Does anyone know what it is for? I know what the blue plug is.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Motorquide Xi5 mounting - 02/14/21 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
The XI5 have a short black wire and small (4 or 5 pin) connector on the base. I don't see it mentioned in owners manual. Does anyone know what it is for? I know what the blue plug is.

It to connect the Gateway module so you can link to Lowrance Graphs via NMEA2000

Re: Motorquide Xi5 mounting - 02/14/21 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by Stump jumper

It to connect the Gateway module so you can link to Lowrance Graphs via NMEA2000

That is what I was thinking. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum