Texas Fishing Forum

NEMA 2000 Configuration

Posted By: T Bird

NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/11/21 07:38 PM

I plan to connect two Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 2 touch units (1 at console & 1 at bow) and a Lowrance Ghost trolling motor to a NEMA 2000 network. From what I can tell I will need to purchase the NEMA Starter Kit, plus 1 additional T Connector and 1 additional Drop Cable.

Does this sound correct to you all?
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/11/21 09:12 PM

You are correct. You can get the Lowrance Starter Kit for $69 plus the 'T' & Cable OR the Motor Guide NMEA Starter Kit for $89 that comes with the 'T' & Cable you need. Good chance that Bass Pro has them both.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/11/21 09:26 PM

You won’t gain anything hooking up gen2 T’s, they don’t network/control the ghost.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/11/21 09:26 PM

Be sure to power the NEMA network from a switched 12V source. You'll want to be able to turn it off when the boat is not in use.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/12/21 02:35 PM

Grout-scout is correct that the Gen2-Touch units will not hook up to the Ghost, however there are other benefits to running the NMEA network like when you put a waypoint on one unit, it places it on the other. Not only would I run the NMEA, but I would also run the Ethernet cable between the two units (since you are going to pull wires). As you upgrade your units later to newer HDS units, you will appreciate having the NMEA & Ethernet in place.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/12/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff
Grout-scout is correct that the Gen2-Touch units will not hook up to the Ghost, however there are other benefits to running the NMEA network like when you put a waypoint on one unit, it places it on the other. Not only would I run the NMEA, but I would also run the Ethernet cable between the two units (since you are going to pull wires). As you upgrade your units later to newer HDS units, you will appreciate having the NMEA & Ethernet in place.

Nmea is definitely beneficial if he adds a Point1, which is one of the best devices made for guys who fish off the bank. (You know that, that was more for the OP). I was hoping they were going to let the ghost tie into the point1, but apparently it just can’t be done, sure would make it easier.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: NEMA 2000 Configuration - 02/12/21 07:23 PM

Appreciate the responses. Yep, Gen 2 touch and Ghost not compatible.

Why can't Lowrance keep unit soft ware compatible for relativity newer unit's?

Oh, my bad! $$$$$$$$$$
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum