Texas Fishing Forum

Panoptix vs active imaging

Posted By: desertfisherman

Panoptix vs active imaging - 02/04/21 04:19 PM

Can you guys tell me what is the best thing to buy as far as panoptix or active imaging, I own a Hds 12 live as of now but would like to buy the best
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Panoptix vs active imaging - 02/04/21 04:57 PM

They are close and I think each side is going to say they are better. I LOVE what I am seeing on my Active TARGET (you said imaging, but know you meant target). Since you own the LIVE units, stay with Lowrance. Even though I think AT-Lowrance is slightly better, I would not tell someone to sell all their Garmin gear, so stay with what you have and add to it.

Re: Panoptix vs active imaging - 02/04/21 05:09 PM

Thank You...My buddy has garmin panoptix and because of me haveing the lowrance live i thought i would go with lowrance but i have heard people give it negative feedback...they propably have garmin so they have to bash lowrance...would you put this on the trolling motor or a seperate shaft.. i have the ultrex trolling motor...Thank You
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Panoptix vs active imaging - 02/04/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by desertfisherman
Thank You...My buddy has garmin panoptix and because of me haveing the lowrance live i thought i would go with lowrance but i have heard people give it negative feedback...they propably have garmin so they have to bash lowrance...would you put this on the trolling motor or a seperate shaft.. i have the ultrex trolling motor...Thank You

People are bashing the Lowrance, because they sent out thousands of faulty transducers. Give it another month and we can see real world images and reports.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Panoptix vs active imaging - 02/04/21 10:40 PM

It is easy to put it on your trolling motor shaft and that is where I have mine. That is a good place to start. Once I see a shaft system I like that is not too bulky to still put on my boat cover, I will go to a separate shaft.

Re: Panoptix vs active imaging - 02/06/21 10:30 PM

Rob, So when can i expect to the active Target and get the one that will work.. Going to Amistad 2nd week of march and would love to have one
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum