Texas Fishing Forum

Xi5 speed

Posted By: RODS454

Xi5 speed - 01/26/21 12:12 PM

When I move from waypoint to waypoint the xi5 runs at WOT, full speed ahead. Is there any kind of gain or control setting to cut this back to about 75%? It over shoots, even after it throttles back when getting close. Especially when waypoints are further apart. Then it runs at WOT trying to get back to the waypoint it overshot.
Thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/26/21 02:08 PM

what speed was it at before the move?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/26/21 02:22 PM

Once it starts moving you can adjust the speed down from the remote, foot pedal, or graph if you have it connected to one.

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/26/21 04:06 PM

Moving from spot lock or just moving slow it goes WOT.
The remote will NOT slow it down.
Posted By: Too Fat 2 Fish

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/27/21 12:52 AM

Mine runs at last speed setting used when I use jog, run a stored route or go to waypoint.

Does your remote work ok otherwise? Only goes WOT when navigating to a waypoint from your lowrance?

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/27/21 09:22 PM

Works fine other than that. If I use any of the other features I can control the speed.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/27/21 10:56 PM

I have found that mine works best if I get pretty close to the waypoint before hitting the anchor button. at times it will start " acting crazy "
I disengage and re enter the anchor point. Or If I am close , just hit the anchor button on the remote. With Live scope , I can jog to
the right spot very easy.

good luck

Mo

PS you may want to recalibrate the compass

Re: Xi5 speed - 01/28/21 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mo
I have found that mine works best if I get pretty close to the waypoint before hitting the anchor button. at times it will start " acting crazy "
I disengage and re enter the anchor point. Or If I am close , just hit the anchor button on the remote. With Live scope , I can jog to
the right spot very easy.

good luck

Mo

PS you may want to recalibrate the compass

That’s kinda what I’ve resorted to. I was just hoping there was a setting to change. I’d like to be able to do other things while I move, not babysitting a $1500 trolling motor!
cry
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum