Texas Fishing Forum

livescope question

Posted By: tech

livescope question - 01/19/21 08:34 PM

If I have a Lowrance live main unit at the console and want the garmin livescope up front, what is the best garmin 12" screen to use with it? I only need it for the livescope. I may end up upgrading my trolling motor to garmin in the near future instead of going with the lowrance trolling motor...
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: livescope question - 01/19/21 09:39 PM

1222 seems to be the most popular for this kind of usage. I have the 1022 on my bow and love it
Posted By: Mo

Re: livescope question - 01/19/21 11:20 PM

I am not sure which 12 in I have , but it is a non touch. I have not missed the touch screen feature , and save about $600.00, if I remember
correctly.

good luck

MO
Posted By: tech

Re: livescope question - 01/20/21 01:49 PM

Thanks guys for the info, just checked and the Force trolling motor will connect wirelessly to these units. I really like that the built in transducer in the force connects...
Posted By: hopalong

Re: livescope question - 01/22/21 03:05 PM

the ducer on the force still has a wired connection, they did an excellent job of providing routing for it though so you almost don't know it is there.

the pedal is wireless, it can run on batteries only or be hard wired also, mine is hardwired, minimal power needed so can be tapped in to something up front. mine taps the power to the graphs since they are straight to the battery.

the wireless is for updates and gps, they use wifi not bluetooth so always a good connection. force is an excellent tm imo
Posted By: cr2018

Re: livescope question - 03/12/21 05:20 AM

I run a 1022 XSV and it only has scope hooked to it. The 10" screen is plenty big enough to be very effective and the XSV is best route to go for scope because of the knob for adjustments and touch screen is basically useless on account of scope basically not involving interaction unless adjusting ranges which is easier with a knob.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum