Texas Fishing Forum

Elite FS transducer mounting

Posted By: Stump jumper

Elite FS transducer mounting - 01/17/21 01:23 AM

I am looking at the 9" Elite Fs for the bow. What do I need to mount the transducer on the trolling motor? I have thought about mounting on the console with transducer on transom but I think I want it up front.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Elite FS transducer mounting - 01/17/21 01:37 PM

There are third party companies that make mounts for trolling motors. Nice thing about having Elite FS on the trolling motor would be having what you need up front if the Active Target was ever purchased. You can also order Elite FS without a transducer or with the HDI transducer (sonar and down only) which is easier to install on the trolling motor. I will send you a PM in case you want to chat about options.

Re: Elite FS transducer mounting - 01/17/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff
There are third party companies that make mounts for trolling motors. Nice thing about having Elite FS on the trolling motor would be having what you need up front if the Active Target was ever purchased. You can also order Elite FS without a transducer or with the HDI transducer (sonar and down only) which is easier to install on the trolling motor. I will send you a PM in case you want to chat about options.

Thanks for the reply. I knew about the no transducer option. I do not really need side scan on TM so it sounds like the HDI transducer is the way to go.

Re: Elite FS transducer mounting - 01/18/21 10:11 PM

Yes sir - you will need HDI and Trolling Motor mount (only $20) for HDI. If you get the 7-Pin (blue connector) HDI, you will need the 7-Pin to 9-Pin adapter cable. Not sure where you live, but Bass Pro Grapevine has all of these.

Re: Elite FS transducer mounting - 01/19/21 02:07 PM

I live in Rockwall but not a BPS fan. I will probably order from the Lowrance Outlet. I have a blue plug HDI on transom that I could use but I will probably just leave it there and buy one. Boat had a HDI on trolling motor when I bought it. I took it off. I am hoping I still have the mount.

Re: Elite FS transducer mounting - 01/19/21 03:17 PM

You will need the 7-pin to 9-pin converter cable.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum