Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance vs Simrad

Posted By: learnin to fish

Lowrance vs Simrad - 01/12/21 03:28 AM

I bought a new boat this summer and was dumb enough not to take my Lowrance HDS9 Gen 3 off the old boat when I sold it. New boat came with a Simrad GO7. Good graph but the 7” is a little small to see the detail I want to using a Total Scan transducer. Was looking at a new one and the Simrad GO12 is about $900 cheaper than the Lowrance HDS Live 12. What is the difference? Both made by the same company, is the Lowrance worth the $$? Also the Elite TI 2 is 1/2 price of the HDS Live, what would I be giving up going with the Simrad, TI 2 vs the HDS Live?
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Lowrance vs Simrad - 01/12/21 04:31 AM

The HDS Live is top of the line full function networking dual sonar, Active Target Better Screen faster processors ete ete. The Elite TI2 and Go are both mid range units and have limited networking, Ti2 Has WI Fi sharing and only work with another TI 2, The Simrad and Lowrance do not network well with ea other so going forward you would need to stick with Simrad if you go that direction when adding another unit to your boat. Since you are used to HDS units and their performance I would recommend staying with HDS Live they have rebates on them till end of March
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Lowrance vs Simrad - 01/12/21 03:20 PM

A little off topic, but:

If you want to go with the TI 2 I can save you some money. The sorry POS that works at the San Antonio Bass Pro told me what ever I needed to hear to make a sale. I bought the Elite 12 TI2 with the assumption that I can network it into my HDS. After I bought it, about 2 months later I get around to installing it (I owned and operated a business at the time so I didn't have much "spare time"). After the install, I realize that it cannot network to the HDS wireless like sales man of the year told me. So I have a $2,000 unit in a box, in my garage that I plugged in 1 time.... in the driveway.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum