Texas Fishing Forum

I need help setting up a Garmin Stryker 5cv

Posted By: Huntxtrm

I need help setting up a Garmin Stryker 5cv - 12/20/20 12:16 PM

I originally posted this in the Garmin thread, but had no replies.
I have a Striker clear vue. 5cv. New to this sort of electronics, not experienced in electronics. I bought this as a starter unit, and because of current financial limitations. Lol. I can not seem to get this thing adjusted. I have been playing around with it for a while. I just cant seem to get the deffinition out of it, I see on the demos. I have tried to get in the trees at aquilla, cant see the trees! Lol. I know they are there, its aquilla! Any recomendations? Im using this fishing whitney, aquilla and lake pat.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: I need help setting up a Garmin Stryker 5cv - 12/20/20 02:11 PM

Factory settings are usually pretty good on Garmin units. If your transducer is properly installed you should be seeing whatever is below your boat.

Retired grass grower
Posted By: TomRom

Re: I need help setting up a Garmin Stryker 5cv - 12/20/20 03:25 PM

If it is a supported unit by Garmin, I would call their technical support. Sounds like you dont have something set up correctly. I agree with the above that Garmin factory settings are usually pretty good. I have a pair of Echomap Ultra HD's and they are really simple to use. Keep in mind everything you see on the unit is basically already behind the boat.
Posted By: Huntxtrm

Re: I need help setting up a Garmin Stryker 5cv - 12/21/20 02:14 PM

Awesome, thanks fellas. I will try tech support.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum