Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot gps issues

Posted By: viejo

Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot gps issues - 12/02/20 04:18 PM

Bought a Hook2 Tripleshot. The first one couldn't locate me any closer than 800 yards to where I actually was. After an hour on the water with customer support, they suggested returning the unit to the store for a replacement or shipping it back to Lowrance. I chose to return it for an exchange, and lo and behold, same problem.

So, my choice is to send this to Lowrance for service, or return it to the store and buy some other brand. I really like the features of this unit, save for its inability to locate me closer than a half mile. So, any advice from this group? I appreciate your input!
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot gps issues - 12/03/20 12:10 AM

What software update do you have? Anything less than 18.3 needs update, Is your unit flush mounted? What map are you using?
Posted By: viejo

Re: Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot gps issues - 12/03/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S
What software update do you have? Anything less than 18.3 needs update, Is your unit flush mounted? What map are you using?

It came installed with 20.0 installed. The customer service rep said I needed to get the 18.3 version, so I updated it to that unit. I'm using it on a kayak, so it's not flush mounted, it's on a post mount. I'm using whatever map came with it, which was the US inland waters map. When I came back to College Station, I restarted it and checked the GPS coordinates against my phone. Still off by more than 20 seconds on both latitude and longitude. Latitude is off more than longitude by about 10 seconds.
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot gps issues - 12/03/20 10:09 PM

Does your unit allow to turn WAAS on in the GPS settings? if So turn it on if its off. You might have to turn off auto mode to get to it. For this to be happening on 2 units is pretty rare. Turn on an overlay for voltage to see if that could be the issue. Depending on your phone it could be off some of these locations are calculated vs magnetic so not sure the Phone is the best way to verify you are really off.
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot gps issues - 12/06/20 06:11 PM

Do you have a rail or anything that would block the signal. When I took my captains calls its call deflection. I have the same unit with no problems
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum