Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3

Posted By: FordBoy

Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/21/20 03:01 PM

Is there a way to somewhat troubleshoot a problem? My console unit quit working. Well, the chart and mapping is still working. Had a new transducer put on it because of me guessing at the problem. First day at the lake after the replacement, still no sonar, or side/down imaging.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/21/20 03:09 PM

Did you select the proper transducer in the setup installation menu? Do you have the “network sonar” option turned ON? If yes, turn it off.

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/21/20 03:11 PM

I went thru and selected every single transducer later on in the day after I quit fishing. The network sonar option is on, but that was set up by Slade at Fork.

I just assume that he had that selected on purpose. It quit working out of the blue. That's what has me so baffled.
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/22/20 02:03 AM

Go to Pages/Settings/System/Factory Resets, Uncheck Waypoints Routes and Trails Do the reset. You will then have to check your overlays on screens and transducer installations, fishing mode ete ete. That will most likely fix it. If you need help PM me your phone number and I can walk you through on the phone.

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/27/20 01:08 PM

That didn't work. I had already done that like 4 times, just didn't realize it by reading.

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/27/20 03:16 PM

Assuming you have the lastest update do you have the source set to this unit? for both Sonar and Structure Scan Its on the page of ea of them.

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/27/20 04:13 PM

I haven't done an update since I got the boat new in 2017. My Dad doesn't have internet at his house, and that's where it's kept. So whatever version would be on a 2017 boat.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 11/27/20 05:33 PM

I had 2 gen 3 hds 12’s and the 2d sonar went out on both of them. Everything else worked great but the 2d just stopped scrolling... switched to Humminbird

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 - 12/02/20 11:44 PM

Do the update you don't go all this time on your smartphone without an update. Marine electronics are constantly getting upgrades. fixes and optimization from software updates. If you called in to customer service the first thing they would ask you is what software update do you have. If you need help PM me and I can walk you through it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum