Texas Fishing Forum

I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix

Posted By: z289sec

I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 10/28/20 11:22 PM

What say you? Could this be why I catch them, and don't see them? But I can see them plain as day on my buddies Lowrance?

https://youtu.be/qjuxMtlE_d0
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 10/28/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by z289sec
What say you? Could this be why I catch them, and don't see them? But I can see them plain as day on my buddies Lowrance?

https://youtu.be/qjuxMtlE_d0

Find out the difference in the spec coverage of each==the coverage "cone" and the db loss that determines the cone angle.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 11/03/20 02:40 PM

Yep, I wish I had gone with the Lowrance unit instead. The 2D is much better. I rarely use the SI feature on my Helix.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 11/03/20 02:57 PM

You have to be where fish are to see fish with sonar.
Last week with a Humminbird SOLIX. There is nothing but fish in this screen shot.

[Linked Image]

Earlier this year with a Helix:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: markson

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 11/03/20 03:06 PM

Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3 with Total Scan transducer taken yesterday, White bass chowing down on Shad

[Linked Image]

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 11/08/20 03:35 AM

[quote=Wayne P.]You have to be where fish are to see fish with sonar.
Last week with a Humminbird SOLIX. There is nothing but fish in this screen shot.

[Linked Image]

Earlier this year with a Helix:

[Linked Image]

In case you missed it in the title, I'm catching them. But not seeing them. I could be wrong, but I think they need to be there for me to catch them. Also, wouldn't they have to be there to see them on someone else's unit, while they are next to, or in front of me?
Posted By: blackhorse

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 11/10/20 05:09 PM

you might want to check out on youtube FISH THE MOMENT, has very good videos on side/down imaging. I have a Helix 10 si Mega and it works great.
have Helix 9 mega di on front and I am seeing lots of fish on both of these whether on Mega or 2D.

Re: I think Chris Souders just showed me why I catch fish I can't see on my Helix - 11/25/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by blackhorse
you might want to check out on youtube FISH THE MOMENT, has very good videos on side/down imaging. I have a Helix 10 si Mega and it works great.
have Helix 9 mega di on front and I am seeing lots of fish on both of these whether on Mega or 2D.

The update, along with some settings changes, again, seemed to help a lot. Also made me realize I needed a larger unit. I upgraded to a 12 inch EliteTI2, couldn't beat the price. And I believe the 2D is better on the Lowrance units. Gonna sell my Helix7 now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum