Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Echomap 73sv settings help

Posted By: Bassman_78

Garmin Echomap 73sv settings help - 10/28/20 03:39 PM

Does anyone that uses this unit have any suggested settings? Ideally wanting to get the best fish returns with least noise while still being able to see bait schools and smaller fish. And maybe get the SI and DI images a little more crisp
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Garmin Echomap 73sv settings help - 10/30/20 02:43 PM

I have the Echomap Ultra 122svc, and for the most part when Im running the side and down imaging, I usually leave the settings on auto. What you might do is try tweaking the gain up or down when you are on the water. The higher you set the gain the brighter the return image is going to be. But you can get it to high and wash it out. The other thing you can do is to change the distance out you are scanning. Obviously the further out you go the more faded the object gets. I also mess with the color scheme based on conditions of the day. Sometimes I find the default setting works best and sometimes I like the emerald green. If you have Livescope then there are other settings ou need to mess with as you move from spot to spot. Alt least that works best for me. Garmin has a bunch of good videos and some are unit specific. So check them out. Also when you are scanning you need to be moving and keep your boat going in a straight line as best as possible.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum