Texas Fishing Forum

Did I kill my transducer?

Posted By: Waco Jimmy

Did I kill my transducer? - 10/28/20 03:49 AM

Last weekend I got stuck on a stump and had to reverse off with the gas motor and backed into another stump which knocked my Hummingbird transducer off the transom. I noticed when it was telling me the 6 foot of water was over 30 feet. I thought I had it secure when I pulled the cable thru the clamp to hold it against the transom but it slipped out on the way back to the ramp and got beat up so that the cable grommet pulled out. It let water inside and may have damaged a wire connection. The head unit did not read the transducer any more after that happened. Only the GPS puck would show.

Toast? Its that side scan one that costs 200. The unit is at least 10 years old and I thought the replacement would not cost so much. Any chance of opening it up and repairing it? Never heard of a T being opened or fixed

Mama is not going to like this.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Did I kill my transducer? - 10/28/20 12:49 PM

toasted and roasted, buy another.

look for a used in the classifieds.
Posted By: Waco Jimmy

Re: Did I kill my transducer? - 10/28/20 03:52 PM

Not what I wanted to see but thanks. Its a good idea to tote some zip ties in the boat to secure T in case of dismounting. Turned a few minutes of work reattaching to 200 bucks and at least an hour to R&R. Another lesson learned.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum