Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex / Garmin?

Posted By: bluecoat

Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/06/20 12:41 AM

Will the Ultrex US2 internal transducer read Garmin Echo Side and Down View, or do I need to buy the Garmin transducer and strap in on to the Ultrex? Can anyone recommend an installer either at Lake Fork or Denton area? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/06/20 09:39 AM

lake fork boat accessories at fishermans cove, steve does a good job on installs.

https://www.facebook.com/lakeforkboataccessories
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/06/20 10:01 AM

It probably cant read the puck that is built into the Ultrex. But a dealer should be able to answer the question or call Garmin technical support. Why not just buy the Garmin trolling motor if you are in the market for a new one.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/06/20 11:45 AM

The US2 transducer is 83/200 kHz 2D sonar ONLY. It doesn't do any form of Imaging/Vu/Vision/Scan
Posted By: bluecoat

Re: Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/06/20 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info, still shopping so will consider my options, though really liked the Ultrex I had on the boat I just sold. Thanks again.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/08/20 01:48 PM

I bought a Echomap 93sv plus and mounted it up front on my Ultrex. External transducer for side imaging. Have some interference issues between the transducer and the TM in deeper water.
Posted By: viet

Re: Ultrex / Garmin? - 10/12/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by greenen
I bought a Echomap 93sv plus and mounted it up front on my Ultrex. External transducer for side imaging. Have some interference issues between the transducer and the TM in deeper water.

I'm having some interference issues with my Ultrex too. I read to check the fuse on the built-in ground wire and it was good so I'm just considering running another ground directly to the battery to see if it helps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum