Texas Fishing Forum

SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure"

Posted By: TXjoe

SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/14/20 01:17 PM

It's a pretty new system, installed by the dealer. I wanted to try the Structure feature after watching an instructional video but nothing came up. I saw the lines out and everything looked like it should have, but nothing was returned but a solid screen. The transom/transducer/thing in the water is clean. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Joe
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/14/20 04:03 PM

I know Simrad and Lowrance are similar. When you have the Structure Scan screen up on the menu, do you have a SOURCE Button? If so, press Source and see what options you have to choose from.

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/14/20 04:12 PM

ok thanks, I'll try that tonight and follow up.

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/15/20 02:40 PM

So unfortunately there was no source on the Structure view. 2nd picture below is Advanced options. I checked the main settings menu, and there was no subsection for Structure.

So I'm assuming that Structure uses the same transducer as Echo, but I don't know that 100%. I would guess that maybe there's something that wasn't connected properly, or that the transducer I have doesn't support this, but I hope that I'm wrong and it's just a setting.

Any other suggestions?

thanks,
Joe

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/16/20 05:31 PM

On the boat now, and I set the view option to down instead of left, right, or both. It's showing data now on down but nothing left or right.. does this help? Is other equipment required for side scan?

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/17/20 03:23 PM

Sent you a PM

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/26/20 11:32 AM

Just to follow up on this... my transducer is down scan/ chirp only. I would need to get a total scan or 3 in 1 for side scan. Finally heard back from simrad support.

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/26/20 01:54 PM

If the AI 3-1 is compatible with your Simrad, I would recommend the Active Imaging (AI). You will run the AI in 800kHz which will provide awesome side scan while the Total Scan will need to be run in 455kHz.

Re: SIMRAD Go7 Nothing showing on "Structure" - 08/26/20 04:26 PM

Again, thanks Rob. When the time comes, I'll definitely look into the AI. I appreciate your advice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum