Texas Fishing Forum

First install NEED HELP

Posted By: kevinmcrae1

First install NEED HELP - 07/21/20 06:39 PM

I bought a new 2020 Bass Tracker Grizzly 1860 CC and then purchased a Garmin Striker Plus 7SV and plan on mounting it on my dash and need to run the wires for a transom mount transducer, my question is, is it feasible for me to do it on my own or am i better off taking it to a shop? i am mechanically inclined and have all the necessary tools i just don't want to goof and mess up the wiring. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Tight Lines Y'all!
Posted By: ring fry

Re: First install NEED HELP - 07/21/20 08:34 PM

It's not difficult. I've probably done fifteen or so including three Force trolling motors. Just take your time and do what logically seems correct.

Retired Grass Grower
Posted By: tiogacb

Re: First install NEED HELP - 08/09/20 10:04 PM

kevinmcrae1,

I am in a similar situation installing my first unit (a Garmin Striker) on my older Crestliner boat. Any tips and tricks you learned as a first time installer would be appreciated.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: First install NEED HELP - 08/09/20 10:57 PM

Watch a lot of install videos,...learns some of the tricks and tools,...
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: First install NEED HELP - 08/12/20 12:13 AM

You can do it. The wiring on my 20 + Eagle forced me to purchase a Hook2 7, and I wanted to take in, but I replaced it myself. Take your time and plan your work, and use YouTube. The fish are not going anywhere, doing it yourself will help the budget, and you will know your wiring job vice relying on someone else. Good luck!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum