Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv

Posted By: Drycreek3189

Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv - 06/12/20 01:20 AM

I’m in the market for a fish finder for the front of my new-to-me Tracker. I would appreciate opinions on the one in the title. Some crappie, some catfish, and some bass fishing. Thanks from a new member !
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv - 06/12/20 12:14 PM

Great little unit. Will do what you need it to do. If doable, either pony up or wait to see if the 93 goes on sale again. I've got a 73 on the console but it would be too far away to see much detail if on the deck. That's not just Garmin, that's any 7" vs 9".

Retired Grass Grower
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv - 06/13/20 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry
Great little unit. Will do what you need it to do. If doable, either pony up or wait to see if the 93 goes on sale again. I've got a 73 on the console but it would be too far away to see much detail if on the deck. That's not just Garmin, that's any 7" vs 9".

Retired Grass Grower

Thanks ! I looked up the 93, looks like it would suit me better.
Posted By: pugman

Re: Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv - 06/21/20 10:57 PM

Dry Creek, check your PM
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv - 06/21/20 11:35 PM

i just put the EchoMap Ultras on my boat. Garmins sure seem a lot easier to figure out how to use them and the settings.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73sv - 06/22/20 03:50 PM

I had a Garmin Striker Plus 9 on the front of my boat for 5 months, I had the transducer mounted on the trolling motor
(Minnkota Terrova) and could NEVER get the trolling motor noise interference out of the screen, Evertime the trolling motor
would turn the screen would get interference. I tried everthing and nothing worked. Finally took it
back to BPS and they exchanged it for my HB Helix 9,..no more problems..
I love my console mounted Garmin no problems. jim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum