Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex question

Posted By: otrdriver2002

Ultrex question - 05/09/20 02:46 AM

Has anyone heard or know if MK is going release a BRUSHLESS motor for their Ultrex. I am trying to hold off buying a new TM till I can find out. Hate t switch from my Birds to Lawrance and the Ghost then MK release a brushless a week later.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by otrdriver2002
Has anyone heard or know if MK is going release a BRUSHLESS motor for their Ultrex. I am trying to hold off buying a new TM till I can find out. Hate t switch from my Birds to Lawrance and the Ghost then MK release a brushless a week later.

Would be nice!
Posted By: MCIPinkie

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/20 08:02 PM

I've posted this before. Not sure here.

Be careful what you wish for. My understanding from talking to my local ASC is that the brushless motors are not repairable. Bang on into a rock hard enough, get water in the motor. Buy a new one. 4 figure purchase. No more take it part, clean it up, new brushes, new bearings and seals, and back on the water. You'll be waiting on a new brushless motor.

I really don't care whether brushes, no brushes, atomic turbines, or steam power.

Brushless motors sound good in theory, but all I want is a reasonably quite, powerful, reliable motor, that I can abuse, fix my self in the garage, and be back on the water in short time.

Brushless motors are the latest and greatest buzzword, but what we really want is to step on the button and go, every time, all the time.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Ultrex question - 05/13/20 01:44 AM

Brushless is not the "bestest"... Just saying. We have not heard of a brushless motor coming from Minn Kota at this time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum