Texas Fishing Forum

Solix 12 - Touchscreen Stopped Working

Posted By: WLBDallas

Solix 12 - Touchscreen Stopped Working - 04/26/20 06:35 PM

It started a few weeks ago. At times, I'd restart it and it would start working again. Any ideas what to do?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Solix 12 - Touchscreen Stopped Working - 04/26/20 06:57 PM

Are you saying the screen stays on and the unit is "working", but doesn't respond to touch, or are you saying the unit shuts down?

Re: Solix 12 - Touchscreen Stopped Working - 04/26/20 07:07 PM

It does not respond to touch. I have checked and touch screen is enabled.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Solix 12 - Touchscreen Stopped Working - 04/26/20 07:17 PM

I'm not as familiar with your unit, but would suggest you check the manual to see if there is a procedure for touch-screen calibration. I'd try that if there is, but otherwise you're probably at the point where you should call for Support. Hopefully under warranty as a fix for such things usually isn't small change.

One other thought: Some people's fingertips get dry and calloused, making the screen have difficulty sensing touch. Just for fun, try your little fingertip as a test. (It's usually the most tender fingertip for people who have rougher than usual hands). I've recommended that some use a soft stylus on a lanyard affixed to the console; I'm going to set one up for myself by next winter to be able to use the screen with thicker gloves on. I bought a couple styluses at a dollar store where the phone accessories were located..

Re: Solix 12 - Touchscreen Stopped Working - 05/07/20 06:07 PM

I have to send it it. Basically, never buy Humminbird is my advice. The 15 and now the 12 have both been sent it. What a piece of [censored] product.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum