Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance transducer question

Posted By: SAdoc

Lowrance transducer question - 04/10/20 04:54 PM

I’m looking at a lightly used HDS Gen 3 unit to replace a Hook 7 on my bow. I want something that will share waypoints wirelessly with an Elite Ti at the console.

The HDS has an 83/200 skimmer transducer so no DI. Would the transducer from the Hook work on the HDS so I would have DI up front? I have a Livescope system up front so it’s not critical, but would be nice to have the option.. I would mainly use the HDS for mapping and sharing waypoints with the console unit.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Lowrance transducer question - 04/13/20 03:20 PM

The HDS Gen3 will not wirelessly connect to the Elite Ti2. You can share one waypoint at a time with a NMEA network between the Elite & Gen3. Is your HOOK unit, one of the old Blue connector units you might be able to use the HDI 83/200 ducer (if we are talking about same transducer).

I will send you a PM, so you can call me as you may have to buy an HDI ducer to get both Sonar and Downscan.
Posted By: SAdoc

Re: Lowrance transducer question - 04/13/20 03:45 PM

Would an Elite TI2 connect wirelessly to the Ti?
Originally Posted by Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff
The HDS Gen3 will not wirelessly connect to the Elite Ti2. You can share one waypoint at a time with a NMEA network between the Elite & Gen3. Is your HOOK unit, one of the old Blue connector units you might be able to use the HDI 83/200 ducer (if we are talking about same transducer).

I will send you a PM, so you can call me as you may have to buy an HDI ducer to get both Sonar and Downscan.

Would an Elite TI2 connect wirelessly to the Ti?
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Lowrance transducer question - 04/13/20 05:39 PM

You have to have two Elite Ti2 units to connect them wirelessly to each other. The Elite Ti first series will not connect wirelessly.
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum