Texas Fishing Forum

Installing both live and mega on same transom

Posted By: cwoodfishing

Installing both live and mega on same transom - 04/10/20 04:38 AM

I am running both Lowrance Live and Solix on my new boat. Wanted to see if anyone could help me with info on best way to mount both live and mega transducers on the same transom? Do you want to offset them? How far apart? I hear nothing will interfere with mega because it functions on a different frequency but would like to be knowledgeable as possible before I screw holes.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Installing both live and mega on same transom - 04/10/20 12:14 PM

IF Side Scan and Side Imaging is involved, opposite sides of the keel so they don't physically block each other, the more distance, the better. Just common sense.
The Humminbird Imaging MEGA frequency is 1000-1300 kHz CHIRP or a single frequency within that range. The units also can do 455 and 800 kHz single frequency and CHIRP.
The current Humminbird models use HW CHIRP as standard 2D sonar 140-240 kHz.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Installing both live and mega on same transom - 04/14/20 02:00 PM

Assuming you get the new Active Imaging with the Lowrance LIVE unit, you will want to run it on 800kHz for best image. Note anytime you raise the kHz you sacrifice power (distance), but increase quality. I know you will be satisfied with image on Lowrance's AI at 800kHz and will not sacrifice distance.
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum