Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Hook 2 TS hooks ups...

Posted By: Polly Gosh Lizard

Lowrance Hook 2 TS hooks ups... - 04/03/20 02:42 AM

I am wondering if anyone else has much problem "unpluging" the power and transducer cables from the Hook2 TS ? It scares me to death, everytime I have to pull real hard to get them loose. I tried putting dielectric grease on them but then they wouldn't stay in. I remove my unit every night so hate it when I have to pull so hard on the wires. Any suggestions ?
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Lowrance Hook 2 TS hooks ups... - 04/03/20 01:18 PM

Be sure and pull/wiggle on the fatty part of the thick rubber next to the unit. You also want to make sure you have it properly lined up when inserting. You want it to stay in in rough water so it is tight.

Re: Lowrance Hook 2 TS hooks ups... - 04/03/20 02:41 PM

I just wonder why they got away from the threaded connectors ? NO problem with them. Still scared to pull hard on any wire.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Lowrance Hook 2 TS hooks ups... - 04/03/20 03:07 PM

You will only see this on the HOOK series, just one way to get the cost down to make features versus cost good in that part of the product line.
What you get for the price is pretty good with the HOOK units.

Re: Lowrance Hook 2 TS hooks ups... - 04/04/20 03:00 PM

I have a Hook 2 DS and it has the threaded connections, plus it is easier to use than the TS. My TS won't stay in auto depth scan, keeps going to 60 feet, no matter what footage I am in. I have to use the manual mode to keep it close to the bottom that I am in. I like both units for the fishing that I do. Good price too(I guess). Price isn't good if they don't work right.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum