Texas Fishing Forum

What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less?

Posted By: NoobBass

What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/18/20 04:10 AM

What recommendations do y'all have?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/18/20 04:13 AM

HUMMINBIRD HELIX® 7 CHIRP MEGA SI FISHFINDER/GPS COMBO G3 W/TRANSOM MOUNT TRANSDUCER
410950-1
$699.99

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/18/20 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

HUMMINBIRD HELIX® 7 CHIRP MEGA SI FISHFINDER/GPS COMBO G3 W/TRANSOM MOUNT TRANSDUCER
410950-1
$699.99

I think this one looks like the best bang for my buck. The Mega Imaging is amazing.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/18/20 01:54 PM

Take a look at the LOWRANCE Hook Reveal. There are some discounted prices now that fit your budget. If you have a Bass Pro or Cabelas close by, great place to see the units and prices.

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/18/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff
Take a look at the LOWRANCE Hook Reveal. There are some discounted prices now that fit your budget. If you have a Bass Pro or Cabelas close by, great place to see the units and prices.

Yeah, they're about 1.5 hours away. I have an academy that is 45 min away I'll probably go look at.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/19/20 02:52 PM

You should find Hook Reveal units with-in your budget for 7" & 9" screens. Here is some help with the different model numbers and what they provide.
HOOK REVEAL is the third generation of the HOOK model, so stay away from Hook-1 & Hook-2 models unless you find a deal you can't turn down.

HOOK REVEAL with an 'x' in the model number indicate NO GPS MAPPING. You still can make trails and weigh-points, just no picture of the lake
Models with SS feature DownScan and Sonar along with GPS Mapping (as long as there is not an 'x' in the model number)
Models with TS feature DownScan, Sonar and SIDESCAN along with GPS Mapping

I will send you a PM with my phone number. Call me if I can help.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/20/20 01:53 PM

basspro/cabelas had the garmin 93sv plus on sale for 599.00, might see if they have any left in the warehouse.

Re: What fish finder do you recommend for $600 or less? - 03/24/20 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

410950-1
$699.99

I ended up purchasing this unit through Hodges Marine Warehouse online for about $640 tax free and free shipping I believe.

Thanks everyone for the assistance.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum