Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Helix Transducer

Posted By: CoryK

Humminbird Helix Transducer - 03/16/20 12:34 AM

I have the Helix Gen 3 Mega SI - I wonder what other Hunminbird unit I could use with that same transducer/wiring? I was thinking of moving that unit up front and getting a bigger one for the console - possibly the 9 or 10 and I looked at the Solix but didn’t know what all was compatible.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird Helix Transducer - 03/16/20 12:58 AM

Which Helix Gen3 MEGA SI unit do you have?

Re: Humminbird Helix Transducer - 03/16/20 01:20 AM

That I’m not sure of. On the bottom, it says Helix 7 MSI GPS G3N

Re: Humminbird Helix Transducer - 03/16/20 01:44 AM

Well it is one of the two versions of the third generation Helix 7 MEGA SI----the other one is Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3 that is not networkable.
Plus you don't want that transom transducer on the trolling motor, there is a trolling motor puck version for that application---XTM 9 HW MSI 150 T

The 8, 9, 10, and 12 units are MEGA SI+ and their standard transducer is the XM 9 HW MSI T and is about twice as long as the one that comes with the two Helix 7's.

Re: Humminbird Helix Transducer - 03/16/20 01:50 AM

Ok I’ve got some checking to do. I’m not sure if it’s networkable or not. I was going to put it up front. I have the Terova up front with the built in transducer. Then I was hoping to use the same wiring in place for the console.

Re: Humminbird Helix Transducer - 03/16/20 01:56 AM

The N in G3N means Networkable.

You can use the same power cord, but may have to change the fuse depending on how big of a unit you add.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum