Texas Fishing Forum

Boatlanes chip question

Posted By: DarrelO

Boatlanes chip question - 02/20/20 06:17 PM

I just switched from Lowrance to Birds, and wanted to know if there was any way to convert the Lowrance Boatlanes chip so that it can be used with the Solix units.
I am thinking of exporting them from the Lowrance unit as .gpx data, then using Humminbirdpc to convert it over. Does anyone know if that will work?
Not like the chip was too expensive, but if I can save a few bucks by not buying a new one, I will.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Boatlanes chip question - 02/20/20 09:07 PM

The SOLIX will load .gpx files directly and probably some .usr data also.
Do not need HumminbirdPC for SOLIX data.

Just export your waypoint library to a memory card of 32 GB or less and load them to the SOLIX

Re: Boatlanes chip question - 02/20/20 09:23 PM

Thanks Wayne, I see you are a member here too.
You have helped me more than I can thank you for over on BBC.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Boatlanes chip question - 02/21/20 01:36 AM

What Boatlanes lake and which release do you have? Boatlanes released a new Fork slightly before or after January, 2019.

Re: Boatlanes chip question - 02/24/20 02:54 PM

I have Rayburn and Toledo that I bought July 2018 for the Lowrance units I had on the Skeeter. I just switched over to Birds, and wanted to see if I needed to buy a new chip since I had bought the Lowrance chip, and Boatlanes offers a Bird chip.
The original chip bought, had a .gpx file and a .usr file. I know the .usr is for the Lowrance units. Once I power on the Birds, I am going to see if they recognize the .gpx file, as they "should" by my research and Wayne's reply above, but still not 100% on the comparability, because Boatlanes offers two different chips.
If that does not work, I will try to export the waypoints and tracks to a .gpx file for the Lowrance units, then use that file for the Birds, if that still does not work, I will buy a new chip.

I was just attempting to see if anyone had done this before with success, or if they had to buy new chips (or downloads).

Re: Boatlanes chip question - 02/25/20 03:17 PM

Just a follow up:

Last night I applied power for the first time, did the needed software updates to the units and then tried the Boatlanes Lowrance chip I had with the Solix. It worked great using the .gpx file as advised.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Boatlanes chip question - 02/27/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by DarrelO
Just a follow up:

Last night I applied power for the first time, did the needed software updates to the units and then tried the Boatlanes Lowrance chip I had with the Solix. It worked great using the .gpx file as advised.

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum