Texas Fishing Forum

Linking garmins?

Posted By: woolyhogtail

Linking garmins? - 02/16/20 09:53 PM

I have a 93sv plus on the bow with livescope and was thinking of getting a 93sv uhd for the console. The problem im having is how to link the two to share waypoints. I’ve read about connecting blue and brown wires and different cables so im confused. The only port open on the front unit is a nema 2000 port. Can I just run a nema cable between the units or what? Just want to share waypoints. Thanks
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Linking garmins? - 02/17/20 09:49 AM

You can't use the blue and brown wires to share waypoints on the 7 or 9 series echomaps. It is used for nmea 0183 data only. You will need to get the network expander hub. It is the Garmin GMS 10. Both graphs will and your livescope will plug into this hub and you will be able to share sonar data, livescope and waypoints through both

Garmin GMS 10 Network Port Expander (Network Device) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000255KV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lgMsEbWK5JQ4D
Posted By: Aka

Re: Linking garmins? - 02/24/20 03:25 AM

Yes I connected the brown and blue wires on my 2 - 93 sv and they communicate waypoints just fine
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Linking garmins? - 02/26/20 11:21 AM

I would think they would do it with the internal wifi.

both my 93sv plus are linked, not sure about waypoints yet as they are still pretty new. the wifi was one of the main reasons I got them, front one links to the force tm with the wifi.
Posted By: Whaler-170

Re: Linking garmins? - 02/27/20 03:24 AM

Per garmin customer support you can link them with the garmin network cable part #010-10550-00.
If you add LiveScope as well then you’ll need a network cable for each unit and a GMS 10 network port expander. That will allow them to share all mapping and transducer signals.
Posted By: BP5168

Re: Linking garmins? - 02/27/20 04:34 AM

I bought a $40 Nether 5 port unmanaged switch. I built 3 network cables and mounted my switch behind the console. Ran the wires. Works perfect. Cost to me was $60.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum