Texas Fishing Forum

Your thoughts...

Posted By: Bigg Un

Your thoughts... - 01/24/20 06:24 PM

I am planning on installing a large h-bird graph on my 06 i class...i have found the necessary brackets to install this on the dash...my problem is I have an lms 520 in the dash..it is the only way I can read depth while on the pad..thought about moving it to the side but can't find a bracket for it...I also have a 998 but can't find a shoot through the hull ducer for it...any of you graph wizards out there can give some advice...is there a new lowrance graph out there that will work on this existing through hull transducer...
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Your thoughts... - 01/24/20 07:12 PM

The shoot-thru for the 998 is the XP 9 20. It is a 83/200 kHz transducer---- VERY common.
Just need the 9 M SIDB Y cable to connect it and the SI transducer to the display.

What is the "large Humminbird graph"?

Re: Your thoughts... - 01/24/20 07:40 PM

You can also convert the Lowrance transducer to work with the Humminbird with the Motor Guide 8M4001912 cable.

Re: Your thoughts... - 01/24/20 09:01 PM

Thanks Wayne...I figured there was someone on here that had the answers to help me out...planning on a helix 12 on the dash...so if I use this motorguide cable it will plug in where the 998 si transducer plugs in and I can remove the si transducer from the back of the boat..

Re: Your thoughts... - 01/24/20 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bigg Un
Thanks Wayne...I figured there was someone on here that had the answers to help me out...planning on a helix 12 on the dash...so if I use this motorguide cable it will plug in where the 998 si transducer plugs in and I can remove the si transducer from the back of the boat..

Yes you can use the 998 as a 2D sonar/GPS unit by changing the Connected Transducer setting to Dual Beam and just have the shoot-thru connected. That cable is the Motor Guide to Humminbird 7-pin adapter.

If you don't want mapping/GPS just don't connect the GPS antenna to it.

Re: Your thoughts... - 01/25/20 01:42 AM

Any idea where I might pick this cable at..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum