Texas Fishing Forum

question on Navionics HotMaps expired fresh water updates

Posted By: 5wtflyfisher

question on Navionics HotMaps expired fresh water updates - 09/17/19 01:46 AM

Navionics HotMaps Platinum South MSD/HMPT-S6 Multi-Dimensional Lake Maps SD Card
Comes with 2017 Feb Updated Data. Fresh Water Updates Expired.

I can get a used card for 65 bucks micro sd for my hds live 9.

Do I really need the updates that would cost me 50 bucks for a year? I only fish like Texoma , Joe pool and Grapevine.

I am only wanting the card for contour lines so I can find humps and drop offs. Does the depths really change with a subscription? I wasn't sure if they change based on lake level drops or rising.

thanks in advance!
JP
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: question on Navionics HotMaps expired fresh water updates - 09/17/19 02:07 AM

Navionics does about 2,000 map updates per day "somewhere". You can check the current maps on the Navionics website's Chart Viewer.
If where you fish has any new stuff, you can renew the Freshest Data Subscription, update your card and have the same data.

No the maps are not changed due to water level drops or rising.[u][/u]

A new purchase of a new card includes a year of Freshest Data Updates. Then you can renew that annually or not.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: question on Navionics HotMaps expired fresh water updates - 09/17/19 02:11 AM

Normally I will look at the navionics Webb app and compare it to the map card. The Webb app will have the latest data if you select the sonar charts. If the data on the Webb app looks different than my map card then I will update my map card.
Posted By: 5wtflyfisher

Re: question on Navionics HotMaps expired fresh water updates - 09/17/19 02:15 AM

thanks for the replies. I am just learning the fish finder. I will take a gamble on the used card and get the 1 yr subscription if needed. 200 just seems like a lot for me as a weekend angler.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum