Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Elite Ti - Yamaha engine interface

Posted By: WattoFish

Lowrance Elite Ti - Yamaha engine interface - 09/06/19 03:05 AM

I purchased a 2018 Skeeter with an Elite Ti 9" and 12" of which the larger unit is connected to the Yamaha engine interface.

Should I have the ability to view engine hours or does that require something additional?

Posted By: SAdoc

Re: Lowrance Elite Ti - Yamaha engine interface - 09/06/19 03:54 AM

My understanding is that you should be able to see engine hours. I just ordered a Yamaha engine interface and NMEA starter kit for just that purpose. I picked up an Elite TI unit on clearance early this year and wanted to keep up with engine hours for maintainance. Sure hope I didn’t waste my money on the interface.
I don’t think the early software was compatible with Yamaha and you have to have the latest software update.
Posted By: WattoFish

Re: Lowrance Elite Ti - Yamaha engine interface - 09/06/19 01:34 PM

Good to know...I'm going to make sure I have the latest software updates as you mentioned and noodle around in the data inputs buried in the settings and see what I can find.

Perhaps one of the Lowrance guru's will come along and confirm for us.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Lowrance Elite Ti - Yamaha engine interface - 09/09/19 01:47 PM

With my Evinrude, with the engine running, I added data on my screen just like I added time or any of the other overlays. You press the Power Button to bring up the menu. I will send you both a PM to give me a call when you are in front of your units.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum