Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer Question

Posted By: gatt40

Transducer Question - 08/09/19 01:52 AM

I have a Humminbird 998c side imaging unit I want to move from the console area to the bow. Not worried much about side image function as I am of my down imagining. Can I still use the skimmer type transducer if mounted to my trolling motor or do I need a different one?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 02:15 AM

there is a trolling motor version of the hdsi 180 that you already have. Its the exact same transducer but with a trolling motor mount bracket

Trolling motor ducer
https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors....otor-dualbeam-hd-side-imaging-transducer

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 02:39 AM

Ok, you said I should already have this transducer? I am guessing it came with the unit when purchased new? I’ll have to look in the box. My memory of a second transducer eludes me. Thanks for the information.

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 02:47 AM

the tm hdsi 180 t comes with the 998, its a si transducer with blended di compiled from the si beams. It is the only transducer that is shipped from factory with the 998 c si. Did you purchase your unit used?

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 03:02 AM

No purchased new from Bass Pro, SA. The transducer that I have connected to the stern is about 5 inches in length, elongated shaped. I thought this was referred to as a skimmer. I just don’t know much about transducers as my other Humminbirds have been what I call pucks

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 03:07 AM

I’m thinking you are telling me that I need the trolling motor version transducer for this unit. I will contact Humminbird to see if I can order it. Thanks

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 03:08 AM

that would be the hdsi transducer. It is the same as the link posted other than the one you have is a transom mount. You can get the trolling motor mount and use it for the trolling motor or purchase the one in the link. The puck transducers are di/2d transducers that mount to the trolling motor or they be referred to as 2d transducers that are shoot thru for 2d readings

Re: Transducer Question - 08/09/19 03:13 AM

Thank you sir
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum