Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance 9 G3 WATER INTRUSION!!! HELP

Posted By: Court

Lowrance 9 G3 WATER INTRUSION!!! HELP - 08/12/18 01:28 AM

2 year old unit, new boat, bow flush mounted taking water! Fished in slight rain the other day and in went batty on me. I removed it from the bow today and poured out about 2 oz. of water.
Has anyone else experienced this? What can I expect to hear from Lowrance on this? Also, If I have to open it up to remove the bow plate, because I don't want to send that in, will Lowrance call me out on that, and not offer any service seeing the unit has been taken apart?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Lowrance 9 G3 WATER INTRUSION!!! HELP - 08/12/18 02:00 AM

To remove the unit all you should have to take off is the faceplate to get to the screws in each corner. It is common practice and does not jeopardize the units integrity.

If it is still covered under warranty Lowrance may just replace it with a Carbon or if it is out of warranty they may offer a huge discount to upgrade to the Carbon. That has been our experience with Lowrance.
Posted By: Court

Re: Lowrance 9 G3 WATER INTRUSION!!! HELP - 08/12/18 03:29 AM

Thank you sir, I just removed the mounting plate. I hope this won't cost me too much. I haven't been able to fully replenish my fishing funds since the Ultrex I bought from you last month. BTW, Love that thing, and great service, if Lowrance wants to stiff me, I'll be reaching out to you. Thanks!
Posted By: PhishWhisperer

Re: Lowrance 9 G3 WATER INTRUSION!!! HELP - 08/19/18 12:23 AM

I have owned seven or eight Lowrance high-end units over the years. ALL of them leaked before they were three years old! Lowrance just says "Our units are water resistant."
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum